Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Preaching, health, and helicopter

I did a brief message in chapel yesterday. Dave Owen (PIBC president) mentioned it on his blog.

I've put my simple system of sermon preparation handout online. This is a one-page summary of how to go about crafting a simple sermon or Bible talk. I created it for my introduction to preaching students.

I'm really impressed with the students in that class and am looking forward to the sermons that they will be preaching in class starting in two weeks or so.

Cheryl and I have gotten through this transition without any kind of health issues (not even a sniffle). Not everyone is so fortunate. Melissa Heck (dean of women -- who has a great blog) has been fighting something. So has Steve Stinnette (Guam campus director) and Laura Peters (assistant dean of women).

Yesterday afternoon Hollie Schaub's (ministry coordinator) husband, Aaron, was flying his Navy Seahawk helicopter in circles over the campus. That brief stunt probably created more good will for the US Navy than a Blue Angels show. Never a dull moment at PIBC.

No comments:

Brad's blog, updated almost daily, can be found here.