Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Graduation

Graduation 2007

It's been a bit of a zoo around here -- with the baccalaureate service on Saturday evening and the graduation this afternoon. Most of my graduation photos were taken after the commencement since I ended up being the master of ceremonies -- and it is a bit difficult to take pictures at the same time. (Click on the photo above to bring up my slideshow -- I'll add more photos as I swipe them off other blogs.)

I didn't realize until yesterday afternoon at rehearsal that they were expecting me to read the names of the graduates as they came forward to receive their diplomas. Fortunately Micronesians are gracious and forgiving -- even when people butcher their names. They really don't expect Americans to be able to say Ngirarikel or Oderiong. I think that they actually enjoy the fact that there is something we can't possibly do. :-)

It was really a lot of fun! I actually liked this A LOT more than mainland graduations. It was a more orderly and dignified. No obnoxious hollering and student antics.

1 comment:

Melissa Heck said...

Love the caption on my picture Brad.

Brad's blog, updated almost daily, can be found here.