Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Jammin' Christmas songs

On most Sunday mornings I get to play guitar and ukulele with the congregational singing at the Lutheran Church of Guam. Some Sundays I also help with the singing at the beginning of Sunday School.

Last Sunday Pastor Jeff (on the right) was leading some Christmas songs that the children would enjoy. And Sam, who is 11, a military kid, had brought his uke along; so I invited him to join us -- and he did! And he did a terrific job.

One of the things I like about Sam is that he isn't shy. He'll jump right in and try things out with just a little encouragement. It won't be long before he'll be playing first chair uke.

One of the many things I like about Jeff is that he is flexible -- and is always looking for ways to include people. And that's why there are a couple of uke players at the Lutheran Church of Guam. Martin Luther would love it!

No comments:

Brad's blog, updated almost daily, can be found here.