Monday, September 11, 2006

Fully productive day

For the first time since I arrived on Guam on August 13th, I feel like I've had a fully productive day.

I finished entering all the names into the grading program this morning and even got caught up on entering grades for the past couple of weeks.

I created the pop quiz for Wednesday's spiritual formation class -- which I guess won't be a surprise if any of the students are reading this. (Quizzes seem so secondary school but I'm told that they are a necessary evil here to keep students on track with their reading.)

Then in the afternoon, with the help of seven strong guys, Cheryl and I finished unloading the cargo container. It's now ready to be picked up by Matson.

We went to the water store on the way home and filled our bottles with ten gallons -- another new experience. Almost no one on Guam trusts the tap water for drinking -- even though some government agency certifies it as clean.

Cheryl got caught up on a lot of her paperwork and then went to a meeting related to the student discipleship program. (It sounds like her group will be meeting on Monday mornings.) Then she put in her first regularly scheduled three hours in the Methodist church office.

A pretty full day.

No comments:

Brad's blog, updated almost daily, can be found here.